There are many wonderful features that makes bumbrella the perfect base layer. It’s all in the details!SOFT EDGE WAIST LINE:
1) Its adjustability allows you to decide what is the most comfortable placement of bumbrella below your belly button.
2) It’s anti-shapewear design won’t squeeze you.
3) The clean finish of the waistband won’t leave marks on your skin.BUILT-IN-PANTY:
1) Keeps the slip achored in place because it’s attached to a panty.
2) Comes in 2 fits: Thong and Hipster Brief.
3) No more Visible Panty Lines with the attached mini slip for a smooth finishTHE HEM:
The hem is re-enforced adding extra weight so the slip won’t ride up.A-LINE SHAPE:
It’s comfortable A -line design skims the hips, healthy alternative to constricting, compressive shapewear.LIGHTWEIGHT, LUXE FABRIC:
1) It has an imperceptible, barely-there feeling, making it an all-season item.
2) The silky fabric allows clothes to slip on comfortably, and helps prevent cling.
3) Soft, cotton gusset for breathability.
Many women underestimate the power of well-fitting undergarments. Just because you can’t see what’s underneath, doesn’t mean it’s less important. Something that feels and looks good on, will likely make you feel good as well! The confidence you will feel when you present your best self to the world is empowering.
Knowing what size bumbrella will work best for you will allow you to take full advantage of all the wonderful features bumbrella has to offer. Meet my new friends and see who looks most like you…
Who's Your Body Type?
THE BUMBRELLA FIT: Good to know!
1) bumbrella is not shape wear! It will not squeeze or shape your body.
2) It comes with a built-in panty in two fits: hipster brief and thong.
3) bumbrella is meant to hang freely around your hips in it’s comfortable A-line shape.
4) The waistline is adjustable in design. It allows you to adjust the length of your hemline and waistline height up to 1” by sliding up or down the fabric around the the waistband.
5) bumbrella's waistline sits below your belly button.
FIT TIPS: Figuring out what size you are
1) If uncertain what size bumbrella to get, measure yourself around the waist and hips, and follow our sizing chart above. Be sure to measure around the fullest part of your bum and at your natural waistline (your natural waist is where you would naturally bend).
2) Do not size down! bumbrella is NOT shapewear. If your bumbrella is too tight, the fabric will have a rippled effect and it may not stay in place. If your bumbrella doesn’t hang freely around your hips in it’s comfortable A-line shape, you risk the nuisance of ride-up. The slip portion will pull tightly across your bum and creep up when you walk. This is NOT a good fit. Don’t be afraid to size up. Size is only a number! You are so much more than that. We want you love bumbrella as much as we do and appreciate it’s superior comfort.
3) If you need help with selecting your best fit, you can always contact us for fitting advice. We want to offer you the very best customer service. Email us at email@example.com. Provide us with your height, weight, dress size and which of my friends best represents you and we will help you find your perfect fit!
Free yourself from the grip and squeeze of shapewear and enjoy a new-found freedom with bumbrella. You don’t need to feel the pressure of looking like your favorite celebrity or even your best friend…just be yourself! Your body is uniquely your own, so own it! Embrace all your curves and even those last few stubborn pounds you’ve been working hard to lose.
Watercolor Illustrations Credit: NYC Artist, Herta Silva of Hertaworks.com
You may ask yourself, what makes bumbrella so special? Below are some of the features that makes bumbrella a must have!2-IN-1 INNOVATIVE DESIGN:Slip is anchored in place to an attached panty (thong or hipster brief) and the hem is re-enforced adding extra weight so the slip won’t ride up.
FUNCTIONALITY:The end to the twist, turn and ride up commonly associated with half slips.
LIGHTWEIGHT, LUXE FABRIC:It has an imperceptible, barely-there feeling.
ALL SEASON:Cool and comfortable, it’s great to wear even in hot summer days.
NO-SQUEEZE CONCEALWEAR:Comfortable and healthy alternative to constricting, compressive shapewear.
SMOOTHING:The perfect base layer, smoothes bumps & panty lines. Great as an added layer of protection for see-through skirts and dresses. Silky fabric allows clothes to slip away making you look slimmer, avoiding cling.
These are exciting times, we're being featured in the June Issue of Oprah Magazine, on the Personal Style Section as a layering solution for how to wear sheer pieces!
ENTER TO WIN!
Share your stories of embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions where the bumbrella could have saved your day! The winner may see their story illustrated in the CiCi's Stories comic strip, and will be entered to win 25% OFF a bumbrella of their choice.
SUBMITTING YOUR STORIESPlease note that by submitting your story, you’re allowing Bumbrella by CiCi Soleil to use it directly or for inspiration on CiCi’s Stories comic strip, the Bumbrella website and corresponding social media venues. Please note that the story may become an adaptation rather than a literal interpretation. You will also be automatically entered to win 25% off a bumbrella of your choice at the end of the month. If you win, you are automatically removed from the pool, and will have to submit a new story to be added back to the monthly drawing pool. If you do not win that month, you will be rolled-over to the next month drawing pool. We can’t wait to hear from you. Good luck! Promo will run from March 2, 2015 – September 2, 2015.TO SUBMITYou can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write CiCi’s Stories Submission in the message subject line.Please include your full name, your short story and any images that you want to share.
#wearbumbrella.com #CiCiSoleil #bumbrella #BumstheWord #2in1 #nosqueeze #mini #pantyslip #stayputcoverage
Illustration by Herta Silva www.hertaworks.com @hertaps
The evolution seen in women’s fashion through the ages to today calls for a new kind of undergarment that will cater to that new demand. Trends in the history of undergarments have a tendency of changing based on social and overall views of the time. Pre-suffrage and industrialization, women bound themselves in corsets for the idyllic image of feminine beauty.
The 20-40’s, women liberated themselves from the squeeze and long hemlines, as they explored their place in society and were forced to help out during the war. Comfort was key when working long shifts in factories and keeping the country going while men were drafted to war.
The 50’s was a time of relative wealth and peace, women were expected to be “the perfect homemaker”, wives and mothers with tiny waistlines and fuller skirts, resulting in the return to constricting shapewear in conjunction with longer slips.
The 60-70’s allowed women to rebel against these societal expectations as they sought out equal rights and their return to the workforce, allowing them to shed these constricting undergarments for more colorful and comfortable pieces.
The 80’s boxier shapes worn mainly in the work force, allowed for less fitted silhouettes and are largely responsible for today’s granny slip.
The 90-2010 brought back a more modern version of the same shapewear of the past, women were now not only struggling to fit in a man’s world but were also trapped by a new idea of perfection based on what is portrayed by the media and heavy re-touching.
Since the turn of the millennium, with the focus on wellness and healthy living, women have started questioning how they live and are learning how to love theirs bodies, bumps and all. They are more educated, look at food labels, they care about the environment, they exercise, they are mothers, wives, workers, with varied interests and love for self-expression. Until now, there has not been a pantyslip out there that can provide comfort, coverage and style that makes you feel confident and beautiful. Bumbrella is perfectly positioned for the modern woman who doesn’t want to be bound by her undergarments. It’s smart, makes sense and it’s contemporary.
“Slips made in the 1940s were mainly made of 100% rayon due to the war effort. In the late 1940s, some nylon slips began to appear on the market, and the vast majority of slips made in the 1950s were nylon. In the 1960s, slips were offered in a much more variety of colours, including multi-coloured slips. Slips with a floral print design were also made available.” (1)
1500-1900: http://becuo.com/victorian-corset | 1920: http://retrowunderland.tumblr.com/post/50869115701/1920s-lingerie | 1940: http://theredlist.com/wiki-2-23-1249-1254-view-1930s-profile-mainbocher-3.html | 1950: https://www.pinterest.com/apriljlarue/vintage-lingerie-foundations-ii/ | 1960: https://www.pinterest.com/kayserlingerie/vintage-kayser/ | 1970: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1191774/Underwear-ages-New-exhibition-charts-rise-fall-humble-bra.html | 1980: https://img1.etsystatic.com/060/0/6359562/il_214x170.760189871_7lah.jpg | 1990-2010: http://www.zivame.com/brands-1/scandale.html | 2015: http://www.wearbumbrella.com
https://www.jenreviews.com/bra/ how to choose a bra, according to science, 7 factors to consider